We’re a glass–and a summer–half full kind of crowd here at Group VBS. So, as we close in on what many consider to be the halfway mark of summer, we can’t help but think about all the time left to plan and pull off an amazing VBS event. Are you ready to create the event of the summer?
Take a look at the timeline below to see how you can launch your VBS program in 4 weeks or less and be sure to check out the tips below for more ways to save time!
Tips & Tricks
If you’re planning to pull your VBS together quickly, here are a few resources and ideas to help you out.
- Set up a registration site, like VBS Pro, so families can easily sign up and get details about VBS.
- If you’re doing a Rocky Railway, Treasured, or Wilderness Escape, use VBS Training LABs to train your volunteers through on-demand videos!
- Keep decorating simple! Themed backdrops can go a long way towards creating a fun environment.
- If you’re creating Stay-On-Track Student Packs, you can get everything you need in the Stay-On-Track Supply Pack with a click of a button!
- Check out the Best Practices section of VBS Tools for tips on recruiting volunteers, budgeting and more!
- Ready for set-up? Write each task on a post-it, so people can just grab and go!
Need help brainstorming? Reach out to us at email@example.com. Partnering with YOU to bring VBS to kids, in whatever format, is our favorite thing to do!